CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Girls Camp

Last week was Girls Camp and I was so excited to go. It was a great experience and being new in the ward this was a great way for me to get to know the girls and leaders. I love the young women's program and was thrilled to be called as the Laurels adviser and camp adviser. I will never forget all the great memories I made while at Girls Camp, like Heidi and I winning the 3 leg race but everyone telling us we cheated, or Chalyses' face when she thought she was making it to home plate for the first time while playing baseball with a crushed up pop can(too bad she was actually out, she just didn't feel the pop can hit her in the back as she was running home.)



This year was ward camp so we were able to borrow a tee pee for all the girls to sleep in. The first night the leaders put on a skit and gave all the girls Indian names.

4 comments:

Andria said...

It looks like you had so much fun!! I miss the fun times and the friendships that are made when you are in the young women;s organization. It is busy but also very memorable!! Have fun while you are there.

Katie McCaul said...

That looks so fun! I loved girls camp.

Sara said...

ah, the memories this brought back... good times. p.s. isaac said he hadn't heard our marriage story- guess there is another side to me he didn't know about, wink wink.

Sara said...

p.s. again, I tagged you on my blog.