CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Louisiana here I come.... again.

I had to go back out to Louisiana to give another training for work. It's never fun having to leave your family for work, but I was lucky enough to have Betsey come with me again... fun and interested things always happen when we are together.

The training was held at the Independence Bowl in Shreveport Louisiana. It was so neat because the conference room over looked the football field.


The night before we left for home we stopped in Dallas TX to go out to dinner, we found a place called the Croc and Roc, we mainly went there so we could eat crocodile. Once inside we found out the the Croc and Roc was more of a pub. We decided to stayed and ended up joining a group of girls, through talking with them we found out that one of the girls grew up Mormon but was no longer living the life style. This girl was very surprised by the fact that we did not drink, we got into a long conversation about the church, we exchanged e-mail address so we could keep in touch. As oddly as this sounds I feel like Betsey and I were supposed to be in that very place so we could speak to this girl about the gospel.

Betsey after a good night out at the Croc and Roc.

If anyone has ever gone to Louisiana it is not the funnest trip to take, we took a 4 hour plane ride and then drove 3 hours to get to Shreveport, LA. This is our last plane ride home... I could not wait to get off that dang plane.

Thanks for the Good time Betsey I could not have done that trip with out you.... good time!!




4 comments:

Andria said...

You are becoming the little traveler!! It sounds like you guys know how to make the best of it!! The conference room looks fun!!! Hopefully you can be home for a while now!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

That's crazy you had to go again! Do you enjoy giving the training? I think it's great you have a friend to go with you. It's always more fun that way!

Kirkham Family said...

I love your missionary story! Same kind of things happened to me on my way to Nebraska. Was a turning point for my testimony. Seems like those neat stories always happen to everybody else but now you have your own special story. I am glad you are home safe!

Ty Clark said...

HAHAHA I thought you would stay in that Croc and Roc HAHAHAHA YOU CRAZY!! You were not doing any of your dances on the table were you HAHAHAHAHA!! Cuz i totally pictured that HAHAHAHA! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it though!